Diamond Purchase Policy
Diamonds on our website are not available at our physical store. The diamonds listed online are stock lists from our various diamond manufactures that we work with. Unfortunately, since the inventory list provided to Derco is a vast amount, we cannot inspect each listing and choose which diamonds get displayed online.
We recommend that you contact us first about any diamond you are considering purchasing. By doing so, we can make sure the diamond you are considering to purchase passes Derco’s standards. We do not process any payments of fulfill any orders until after we have verified that all items ordered are in fact in stock and to our standards.
We recommend that you contact us first about any diamond you are considering purchasing. By doing so, we can make sure the diamond you are considering purchasing passes Derco’s standard.
If you buy the diamond online, and we determine that it is not to Derco’s standards, we will provide you with the option of a full refund or allow us to provide you with better options.
A Ten day return (excluding any exchanges and upgrades) and thirty-day exchange policy will be honored with the original invoice.
Exceptions do apply:
- All diamond remount rings, wedding sets, and altered jewelry pieces are final sales. We do provide a temporary classic solitaire setting to set the diamond in for the purpose of your proposal. The temporary setting along with the center diamond can be returned in 10 days or exchanged in 30 days.
- Within 60 days of your initial purchase, you may exchange the temporary mounting only (excluding center stone) and choose a new setting.
- Ladies wedding bands ordered in a size other than a size 5.5 are not returnable, since all other sizes would be custom made.
- All exchanges are final.
- Special orders are not returnable or exchangeable.
- If the item came with any lab grading reports, please include those with your return. Otherwise a fee of $250 will be charged to replace the report.
- Customers are eligible to make a one item return within 10 days of receipt during a six month period. A second purchase, after return, within the same six month period will not be eligible for return. Any exchanges made qualify as a return and the same policies would apply.
Customers are only limited to 1 loose diamond purchase at a time within 30 days of receiving the order to preserve fairness to all customers.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-626-7442 for return instructions.
Lifetime Upgrade Policy
Diamond Upgrade Policy: Derco Jewelers has different upgrade policies, dependent on the method the diamond was purchased. Diamonds purchased at www.DercoDiamonds.com can be upgraded with the diamonds available on our website and physical store inventory. Diamonds purchased from our physical store can only be upgraded to diamonds available at our physical location. Diamonds purchased from our physical store cannot be upgraded or exchanged with the diamonds listed online.
The new purchase must be at least twice the price of your original trade in value Upgrade credit does not include duty or tax paid on the original purchase. “Trade-in” items must be in their original condition. Customer must provide the original invoice, along with any certificates provided; otherwise Derco, at its discretion, will determine a trade-in price evaluation.
- Upgrades are for only allowable for the CENTER NATURAL DIAMOND or NATURAL DIAMOND STUD EARRING; upgrades are not available for lab-created diamonds.
- Colored gemstones, settings and finished jewelry are not eligible for upgrade or trade-ins.
- The price of your new diamond must be at least twice the price of your original diamond.
The original diamond value may not exceed $75,000.00 for upgrades
Free Fedex insured shipping on all US orders purchased online.
Derco Fine jewelers will contact you before any item is shipped. Please be advised that signature is required for all deliveries.
Free insured return shipping only for items that are returnable. Free return shipping applies to US online purchases only. Please email us at email@example.com or call 415-626-7442 for return instructions.
Special order cancellations are subject to a 20% penalty of the selling price. Special orders are not returnable or refundable.
Derco offers lifetime maintenance which includes free cleaning, prong tightening, rhodium plating, polishing, and checking on all Derco jewelry pieces. We recommend having the prongs checked on your engagement ring every six months.
Excluding any repairs that Derco finds necessary for the safety of the jewelry pieces. If any damages are caused by normal wear and tear, we at Derco Fine Jewelers will repair the item(s) at cost.
One Year Warranty
All of our jewelry is covered from any manufacturer defects for a period of one year from purchased date. This warranty excludes any loss or damage of center stones. We highly recommend obtaining insurance to protect your purchases. If any damages are caused by normal wear and tear, we at Derco Fine Jewelers will repair the item(s) at cost.
Derco Fine Jewelers shares our customers’ concern about the origin of our diamonds. Please be assured that every diamond sold at Derco is conflict free, and was procured through legal sources, in compliance with the Patriot Act, the Kimberly Process, and various United Nations resolutions. Derco guarantees that our diamonds originate from ethical and environmentally responsible sources and that they are free from violence and human abuses.